Unicode Lexical Analyzer Engine Quex

fschaef@googlemail.com
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 02:17:48 -0700

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Unicode Lexical Analyzer Engine Quex fschaef@googlemail.com (2007-08-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: fschaef@googlemail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 02:17:48 -0700
Posted-Date: 12 Aug 2007 08:58:57 EDT

Lexical Analyzer.

Quex (http://quex.sourceforge.net/) has now iconv support included
into its buffer handling. Therefore quex supports litterally hundreds
of coding schemes. Even with the iconv converter mounted in front of
the buffers, resulting engines are still much faster than flex created
engines (about factor 2.5).

Please, have a look at version >= 0.14.1 on the sourceforge download
page. If someone wants to start a project using quex he can expect
much support from my side, since I am profiting a lot from experiences
of other people. If you find a bug, it is likely to be included in the
unit tests---so reporting it is a great contribution.

A unicode example with, arabic, eastern arabic, devangari, and thai
numbers and german umlauts and greek letters can be found in the
"demo/003" subdirectory. A documentation backup on character encoding
schemes is to be released in the coming days.

Best Regards

Frank Schdfer