Is there a bug in DOT generation in ANTLR (3.0)?

Arto V Viitanen <arto.viitanen@pp4.inet.fi>
Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:40:22 GMT

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Is there a bug in DOT generation in ANTLR (3.0)? arto.viitanen@pp4.inet.fi (Arto V Viitanen) (2007-08-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Arto V Viitanen <arto.viitanen@pp4.inet.fi>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.compilers.tools.pccts
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:40:22 GMT
Posted-Date: 07 Aug 2007 09:41:05 EDT

I used the example in Terence Parr's "The Definite ANTLR, Building
Domain-Specific Languages", page 191 to generate DOT from the abstract
syntax table. I directed the result DOT file to "dot -svg" and stored
the SVG file. Then I generated an HTML file that contains the program
file and its abstract syntax file.

This was quite nice, since I could read the test program and resulting
AST same time. But, if the program has string literals, dot does not
understand them (I guess it thinks they are meant as label names), so
all strings nodes are empty.

So, is the problem in ANTLR or DOT and how can I fix it?

--

Arto Viitanen
Finland