C++ runtime profiling

Amit Gupta <emailamit@gmail.com>
Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:33:16 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ runtime profiling emailamit@gmail.com (Amit Gupta) (2007-06-22)
Re: C++ runtime profiling dmaze@mit.edu (David Z Maze) (2007-06-25)
Re: C++ runtime profiling rsc@swtch.com (Russ Cox) (2007-06-25)
Re: C++ runtime profiling reganrussell@optusnet.com.au (regan) (2007-09-04)
C++ runtime profiling mikedunlavey44@gmail.com (Michael Dunlavey) (2012-01-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Amit Gupta <emailamit@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 07:33:16 -0000
Posted-Date: 22 Jun 2007 15:34:08 EDT

Hi

I have used gprof/gmon for sometime to profile the c++ code for
runtime. I find it helpful for good tuning, specially for the kind of
compiler I write (electronics design automation), where the inputs
(digital circuit designs) are easily categorized.

I wonder if there are other good open-source runtime profilers for C+
+. My minimal knowledge indicates either gprof and to some extent
cachegrind (little different). What other tools are out there? Is
gprof the best out there for free profilers? Please, open-source and
free tools are important keywords in my message.

Thanks for your comments.

Amit
Principal Engineer. (eASIC)