Re: SSA without phi

jle@forest.owlnet.rice.edu (Jason Lee Eckhardt)
4 May 2007 13:20:30 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Re: SSA without phi jle@forest.owlnet.rice.edu (2007-04-23)
SSA without phi inderaj@gmail.com (Inderaj Bains) (2007-04-23)
Re: SSA without phi cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2007-04-23)
Re: SSA without phi find@my.address.elsewhere (Matthias Blume) (2007-04-26)
Re: SSA without phi Nicolas.Capens@gmail.com (2007-04-29)
Re: SSA without phi tommy.thorn@gmail.com (Tommy Thorn) (2007-05-04)
Re: SSA without phi jle@forest.owlnet.rice.edu (2007-05-04)
Re: SSA without phi inderaj@gmail.com (Inderaj Bains) (2007-05-07)
Re: SSA without phi tommy.thorn@gmail.com (Tommy Thorn) (2007-05-08)
Re: SSA without phi Nicolas.Capens@gmail.com (2007-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jle@forest.owlnet.rice.edu (Jason Lee Eckhardt)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 May 2007 13:20:30 -0400
Posted-Date: 04 May 2007 13:20:30 EDT

<Nicolas.Capens@gmail.com> wrote:

>Any other implementation tips? The papers I've read are obviously very
>academic and don't pay much attention to implementation issues. I also
>have 'Modern Compiler Implementation in C' by Appel but it only offers
>rather cryptic pseudo-code algorithms. I'm not asking for copy-paste
>ready code but an overview of the most straightforward algorithms
>could help a lot. I can always do the more advanced stuff later.

    For an extremely detailed (unpublished) document describing an
    actual SSA implementation, take a look at:
        Briggs, Harvey, and Simpson, "Static Single Assignment Construction", 1995.
        http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/22195.html

    It goes into great detail about all the implementation issues, and
    gives actual data structures and code. It is a bit dated, and the
    code is written in a low-level style of C, but it explains things
    carefully and gives tips/insights.