Compiler positions available for week ending April 29

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
29 Apr 2007 09:17:34 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending April 29 compilers@iecc.com (2001-04-30)
Compiler positions available for week ending April 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2007-04-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Apr 2007 09:17:34 -0400
Posted-Date: 29 Apr 2007 09:17:34 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Subject: Compiler Engineer, Visual Concepts, 2K Sports, Novato CA
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:58:27 -0700
From: "Johnny Prewitt" <jprewitt@vcentertainment.com>

Join one of the world's most respected studios and help create the next
generation of #1-rated videogames! We're Visual Concepts, the studio
responsible for the critically-acclaimed "2K Sports" line of videogames,
as well as original non-sports entertainment titles and top technology.

We're applying proprietary tools in development of the very best sports
simulation experiences - interactive, real time graphics, at 60 frames
per second - very exciting technology.

As a Compiler Engineer, you will work as a member of the elite Visual
Concepts Core Technology Group. You will create custom compiler
extensions and proprietary development languages and tools for cross
platform, console game development - this is the very foundation for our
state-of-the-art, award winning, series of video games.

Required background:

- BSCS or MSCS or above, high GPA required
- Deep knowledge of C and C++ inside and out
- Understanding of compiler design and methodology
- Enthusiasm for compiler design and compiler front-end design
- Prior experience in compiler design/development a plus
- Demonstrable initiative through personal projects and/or past
internships (required)
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills
- A self-starter who can work as part of a team
- Good communication skills

Compensation is generous and includes a full range of company paid
benefits. For the right candidate we will be glad to help with
relocation and visa costs.

How to Apply: Forward your resume immediately to
techdirector@vcentertainment.com

Location: Novato, CA.

Johnny Prewitt, Sr. Recruiter
Visual Concepts/Kush Games - 2K Sports
415-507-7695, workstation
415-608-4442, cell phone
www.2ksports.com/jobs

-------------------------------

Subject: Job Posting: Staff Compiler Engineer, Wind River Systems, Alameda, CA
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:55:29 -0700
From: "Davis, Marcy" <marcy.davis@windriver.com>

Staff Compiler Engineer role at Wind River Systems in Alameda, CA - USA

To apply, please visit:
http://careers-windriver.com/windriver/jobboard/SearchPositions.asp?ShowJobID=2062&Keywords
<http://careers-windriver.com/windriver/jobboard/SearchPositions.asp?ShowJobID=2062&Keywords>

The Wind River Compiler team is working on producing a highly
optimizing compiler for various embedded processors including PowerPC,
ARM, Pentium, and MIPS.

We are in search of an experienced engineer to work on a world-class
highly optimizing compiler that produces fast, tight code to help
customers develop sophisticated embedded applications.

Job Requirements:

* 6+ years of industry compiler experience

* Solid understanding of code generation and optimization
technologies

* RISC architecture experience a major plus

* B.S/M.S in computer science/engineering

* Eligibility to work in the U.S.

More about Wind River Systems...

Wind River is the global leader in device software optimization (DSO).
Wind River enables companies to develop and run device software
faster, better, at a lower cost and more reliably. Wind River
Platforms tightly integrate a rich set of market-leading operating
systems (VxWorks and Linux), development tools and middleware with
services to provide a complete foundation that meets the specific
requirements of a vertical market. Wind River's products and
professional services are used in multiple markets including aerospace
and defense, automotive, digital consumer, industrial, and network
infrastructure. Companies from around the world turn to Wind River to
create the most reliable products and to accelerate their time to
market.

We believe that coming to work for us in 2007 is a career move not
unlike going to work for Apple in 1985, or Microsoft in 1990. We are
a midsize, profitable, public company perfectly poised to change the
world.

For more information check out our website at www.windriver.com
<http://www.windriver.com>

Marcy Davis, Sr. Recruiter, Wind River