Parser generators which implemented Burke-Fisher error correction

Momonjar <momonjar@gmail.com>
18 Apr 2007 13:54:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parser generators which implemented Burke-Fisher error correction momonjar@gmail.com (Momonjar) (2007-04-18)
Re: Parser generators which implemented Burke-Fisher error correction gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2007-04-19)
Re: Parser generators which implemented Burke-Fisher error correction monnier@iro.umontreal.ca (Stefan Monnier) (2007-04-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Momonjar <momonjar@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Apr 2007 13:54:04 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 Apr 2007 13:54:04 EDT

Hi,
I was interested on implementing the Burke-Fisher error
correction(http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=22719.22720) method
in Bison. I want to know that is there any parser generators
implemented this feature? The one I only know is the ML-Yacc,
mentioned in the book "Modern Compiler Implementation in ML".If there
weren't much parser generators implemented it, is it means that this
feature is not useful or some other reasons?
Thanks.
[Back when we punched our programs on cards, handed the decks to the
operator, and got printouts back an hour later, error correction was
very popular since it offered the chance to find more bugs per run and
decrease the number of runs until your program worked. Now that we do
everything interactively, I don't see much point in the compiler
guessing what you wanted to do rather than just point out where the
error is and letting you fix it. -John]