ABI information for 3.3 and 3.3.2

"sbanville@comcast.net" <sbanville@comcast.net>
13 Apr 2007 12:48:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ABI information for 3.3 and 3.3.2 sbanville@comcast.net (sbanville@comcast.net) (2007-04-13)
Re: ABI information for 3.3 and 3.3.2 gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2007-04-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "sbanville@comcast.net" <sbanville@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Apr 2007 12:48:40 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Apr 2007 12:48:40 EDT

HI All,

I'm looking to find out if there are any ABI differences between the
VxWorks 3.3 and 3.3.2 tool chains regarding C++isms. My scenario is
this:

I am using the 3.3.2 tool chain to compile and link using VxWorks 5.5
headers and libraries against a mixture of C and C++. The second half
of this equation factors in the fact tha I am also linking in 3rd
party objects build and linked using against VxWorks 5.5 using the 5.5
libraries but built with the 3.3 tool chain.

What I have here is really a difference in ABI's between the 3.3 (5.5)
and 3.3.2 (.6.2) tools chains. Can anyone tell me if you know of any
problems with do this, or what differences have been made to the
ABI's.

Thanks,

Steve