Moving from LR(0) to LALR(1)

snoyberg@gmail.com
31 Jan 2007 16:30:15 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Moving from LR(0) to LALR(1) snoyberg@gmail.com (2007-01-31)
Re: Moving from LR(0) to LALR(1) lothar@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de (Lothar Schmitz) (2007-02-03)
Re: Moving from LR(0) to LALR(1) momchil.velikov@gmail.com (Momchil Velikov) (2007-02-03)
Re: Moving from LR(0) to LALR(1) satyakiran@gmail.com (satya) (2007-02-03)
Re: Moving from LR(0) to LALR(1) 148f3wg02@sneakemail.com (Karsten Nyblad) (2007-02-04)
Re: Moving from LR(0) to LALR(1) snoyberg@gmail.com (snoyberg) (2007-02-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: snoyberg@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 31 Jan 2007 16:30:15 -0500
Posted-Date: 31 Jan 2007 16:30:15 EST

Hi,

I'm working on a parser generator for D (http://www.digitalmars.com/
d). I've never dealt with parsing before, so I've been learning about
various methods from "Parsing Techniques- A Practical Guide" and
Wikipedia.

I've been able to implement a program that generates action and GOTO
tables for a given grammar using LR(0). However, I haven't been able
to find any good documentation (read: something simple enough I can
understand) on switching over to LALR(1). Since my main goal for
writing this is parsing Java, getting it to use LALR(1) is a necesity
(or at least some equivalently powered algorithm).

Are there any good online resources to describe this transition?

Thanks,
Michael