Re: Bliss-11 and other Bliss compilers

Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca>
27 Nov 2006 17:44:04 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bliss-11 and other Bliss compilers mark.mickelsen@comcast.net (Mark Mickelsen) (2006-11-26)
Re: Bliss-11 and other Bliss compilers Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca (Brian Inglis) (2006-11-27)
Re: Bliss-11 and other Bliss compilers bmoses-nospam@cits1.stanford.edu (Brooks Moses) (2006-11-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Nov 2006 17:44:04 -0500
Posted-Date: 27 Nov 2006 17:44:04 EST

On 26 Nov 2006 21:53:48 -0500 in comp.compilers, "Mark Mickelsen"
<mark.mickelsen@comcast.net> wrote:

>Now that I'm retired I'd like to get back to some
>work on Bliss-11. I still think that it's one of the best compilers I
>have ever seen and from my research lately it seems that it is still
>considered one of the best optimizing compilers ever created. I have a
>copy of the sources for both Bliss-10 and Bliss-11 but since I don't
>have a PDP-10 lying around they don't do me much good.

>What I would really like for Christmas is a Bliss-11 compiler that
>runs on my PC and generates code for an 8-bit microcontroller. And
>obviously I would like to be able to customize the output for
>different micros.

there are various PC emulators for pdp10s and -11s to get you started:
try googling then posting to alt.sys.pdp10 and alt.sys.pdp11

Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
        fake address use address above to reply