Re: use LL(1) or LALR(1) for JavaScript SQL interpreter?

"excalibur2000" <JustinBl@osiristrading.com>
15 Nov 2006 00:11:27 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
use LL(1) or LALR(1) for JavaScript SQL interpreter? petermichaux@gmail.com (Peter Michaux) (2006-11-11)
Re: use LL(1) or LALR(1) for JavaScript SQL interpreter? englere_geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2006-11-11)
Re: use LL(1) or LALR(1) for JavaScript SQL interpreter? petermichaux@gmail.com (Peter Michaux) (2006-11-13)
Re: use LL(1) or LALR(1) for JavaScript SQL interpreter? JustinBl@osiristrading.com (excalibur2000) (2006-11-15)
Re: use LL(1) or LALR(1) for JavaScript SQL interpreter? englere_geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2006-11-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "excalibur2000" <JustinBl@osiristrading.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Nov 2006 00:11:27 -0500
Posted-Date: 15 Nov 2006 00:11:27 EST

I know its off topic but have you also considered the security
implications? Javascript is visible in the browser, the user can run
unsensored SQL against your data and inject sql into your pages
running existing sql to do stuff you hadn't considered. But it sounds
cool anyway. Would you give an example of how you intend to use your
idea and a walk through of how it would work ? I am confused between
whether the data sits in JS in the HTML page and then your DBMS in JS
allows users to browse to you page and run queries against the data
using SQL all in JS, or the data sits somewhere else and you actually
connect to your page and then connect through your JS DBMS to the data
elsewhere and run it like that or is the data input onto the page and
works off memory?