New compiler and language

justncase80@gmail.com
28 Sep 2006 22:49:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
New compiler and language justncase80@gmail.com (2006-09-28)
Re: New compiler and language justncase80@gmail.com (justncase80) (2006-10-03)
Re: New compiler and language aj@andrew.cmu.edu (Arthur J. O'Dwyer) (2006-10-04)
Re: New compiler and language yakumo9275@gmail.com (stu) (2006-10-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: justncase80@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Sep 2006 22:49:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 Sep 2006 22:49:25 EDT

Hey guys!
      I'm new to the compiler world and I have taken my first step towards
creating a new compiler. I'm sure it's not the best compiler in the
world but it seems to be working so far. Anyway I wanted to put a link
out there for anybody who might be interested in checking it out (so
far) to see what I've been up to and maybe generate some feedback.

      This project is sort of interesting because its a level higher than
"object oriented programming" languages. I'm calling it Entity Oriented
Programming and the language is E#. Essentially it focuses on
generating business objects, which isn't exactly new, but what is
interesting about it is that you can do it simply by writing E#. E# is
interesting because it focuses on Relationships and Business Rules
rather than data access. All generated code is template driven.

      This project is not complete yet nor is it even really fully
functioning, though 90% of the grunt work of the compiling etc. is
done. There should be enough to look at and formulate some opinions at
least. Let me know what you think!

~justin