the new Dragon Book is out now

"Eric" <englere_geo@yahoo.com>
21 Sep 2006 10:34:34 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
the new Dragon Book is out now englere_geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2006-09-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Eric" <englere_geo@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Sep 2006 10:34:34 -0400
Posted-Date: 21 Sep 2006 10:34:34 EDT

I just got my copy of "Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools, 2nd
Ed" from Bookpool:

http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0321486811

Here's a page from one of the authors:

http://www-db.stanford.edu/~ullman/dragon.html

They're calling this the "second edition", but I normally think of the
1986 edition as the "second edition", and the first edition being
"Principles of Compiler Design" published in 1977. Because of the name
change in 1986 they prefer to call that book the first edition.

Anyway you number it, there's a good 30+ years of experience in this
book. Many Computer Science classes have used this book as the primary
text for many years.

Eric