Compiler positions available for week ending August 6

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
6 Aug 2006 12:43:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending August 6 compilers@iecc.com (2000-08-10)
Compiler positions available for week ending August 6 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-08-06)
Compiler positions available for week ending August 6 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-08-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Aug 2006 12:43:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 Aug 2006 12:43:25 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Subject: Compiler Job - Portland, Oregon
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:04:20 -0700
From: "Mark Schacter" <Mark@edgelink.com>

Compiler Engineer - Portland, Oregon

This is an outstanding opportunity for a skilled compiler engineer to
help develop a next-generation, proprietary language used to create
complex, interactive content for HDTV and IPTV.  Some relocation
assistance may be available for candidates within the Western United
States.

Design and implement compiler components and features including
coding, testing, and integration on next generation media products.

Required/Desired Skills:
5+ years of experience with high-quality compiler software (all phases, from
parsing to code generation) and writing high quality engineering specs.
Direct experience using any of the following; Yacc/Lex/Bison/Flex
Expert level C++ programming
Advanced software engineering skills
Experience with large, complex systems.
Experience writing high quality engineering specifications.

For immediate consideration, please contact;

Mark Schacter
EdgeLink, LLC
503-246-3989

-------------------------------

Subject: Source Code Analysis Position at Fortify Software (Palo Alto CA)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:51:39 -0700
From: "Sean Fay" <sean@fortifysoftware.com>

== Software Engineer: Source Code Analysis Group ==

We are looking for an exceptional software engineer to join our team
and help create the world's leading software security
technologies. This is a unique opportunity for a singular individual.
You will be a contributing engineer on a world-class team building a
new category of security technology. Fortify Source Code Analysis is
used by Oracle, Apple, Symantec, the six largest banks in the United
States, and dozens of other security-conscious organizations.

We are looking for a highly motivated team player who likes to take on
challenging problems and is interested in building enterprise-grade
tools for software security.

Responsibilities:
* Write software that finds real security vulnerabilities in real code.
* Improve and expand Fortify's coverage of programming and scripting
languages

Requirements:
* Minimum BA/BS Computer Science.
* Proficiency in Java development, C and C++ a plus.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.

Desired:
* Experience working with programming languages, compilers,
    static analysis or development tools.
* Experience in software security.

Fortify is an ambitious company formed of dedicated individuals. Our
tenacity and vision is witnessed by our early success and reputation
among our many Fortune 100 customers. We're just getting started.

Visit our website to find out more:
www.fortifysoftware.com

Contact:
Fortify Jobs
jobs@fortifysoftware.com
Please include "Source Code Analysis Position" in subject line.