Re: Grammar development by example

Sylvain Schmitz <schmitz@i3s.unice.fr>
18 Jul 2006 01:16:58 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Grammar development by example oliver@zeigermann.de (Oliver Zeigermann) (2006-07-16)
Re: Grammar development by example cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2006-07-18)
Re: Grammar development by example schmitz@i3s.unice.fr (Sylvain Schmitz) (2006-07-18)
Re: Grammar development by example alpanad@gmail.com (2006-07-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sylvain Schmitz <schmitz@i3s.unice.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jul 2006 01:16:58 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 Jul 2006 01:16:58 EDT

Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> I am looking for any work done in the field of grammar development by
> example. This is about the user providing certain sentences of a
> language which we want a grammar for. Maybe some more interactive work
> is required.

This sounds a lot like grammatical inference (or grammar induction, or
automatic language learning). It is a fairly old subject in artificial
intelligence. A search on the Internet will bring many results that
should interest you, though I don't think what you are asking for is
possible as such.

--
Hope that helps,

      Sylvain