Optimization manual updated

"Agner" <agner@agner.org>
6 Jul 2006 07:52:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Optimization manual updated agner@agner.org (Agner) (2006-07-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Agner" <agner@agner.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Jul 2006 07:52:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 Jul 2006 07:52:25 EDT

It is now ten years since I first published my optimization manual. It
has been so successful that I feel I have to keep it updated. I have
been told that it is used by compiler makers, so I decided to include
stuff relevant to compilers.

The long awaited update is now available at
http://www.agner.org/optimize/.

The manual has become so big that I had to split it into five volumes.

It covers CPU-specific optimization. Microarchitecture details not
found anywhere else. Complete lists of instruction timings, execution
unit throughput, micro-operation breakdown, etc. for the latest x86
microprocessors from Intel and AMD.

Vector programming. ABI standards. C++ name mangling schemes.

Covers the following operating systems: DOS, Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac
OS X on 16, 32 and 64-bit x86 processors.