Re: Please add these C# compilers to the list of open source compilers

"Eric" <englere.geo@yahoo.com>
18 May 2006 23:52:08 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Please add these C# compilers to the list of open source compilers englere.geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2006-05-15)
Re: Please add these C# compilers to the list of open source compilers lupus@debian.org (Paolo Molaro) (2006-05-16)
Re: Please add these C# compilers to the list of open source compilers englere.geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2006-05-18)
Re: Please add these C# compilers to the list of open source compilers lupus@debian.org (Paolo Molaro) (2006-05-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Eric" <englere.geo@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 May 2006 23:52:08 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 May 2006 23:52:08 EDT

>> Blue (public domain - no restriction):
>> C# compiler only - requires a compatible CLI
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/jmstall/archive/2005/02/06/368192.aspx

>According to the webpage it's quite incomplete, so I'd include it only
>on a list of toy compilers.

True, but it's pretty good for being 100% public domain. There aren't
many compilers with a liberal license like that. It's also got a hand
written recursive descent parser, and that may be interesting to study
for many who read this forum.

>> http://www.dotgnu.org/

>The compiler is quite limited, no 2.0 support and a few things missings
>from 1.x support, too.

A lot of code was written using 1.x, and it's still a reasonable
platform. This compiler is also interesting because it's written in C,
not C#. Also, there's an effort underway to write a Java bytecode
generator for this compiler.

Eric