announcing flex 2.5.33

John Millaway <johnmillaway@yahoo.com>
24 Feb 2006 13:18:06 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending February 19 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-02-19)
announcing flex 2.5.33 johnmillaway@yahoo.com (John Millaway) (2006-02-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: John Millaway <johnmillaway@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Feb 2006 13:18:06 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Feb 2006 13:18:06 EST

Announcing flex version 2.5.33! This release represents significant
changes from flex 2.5.4a, including the following feature bloatastic
goodness:

* reentrant, thread-safe scanner to save you from race conditions.
* user-defined memory management to save you from leaks.
* bison integration to save you from headaches.
* automatic yylineno to save you the trouble.
* load/unload dfa tables at runtime to save you some memory.
* a regression test suite to keep us honest.
* C99 compliance... eh, more or less.
* and a texinfo manual so someone, someday will know what flex is SUPPOSED to
do!

If you're running flex 2.5.31, and you mind buffer overflows, we
advise you to upgrade. If you're running flex 2.5.4a and are in true
love with your C++ scanner, we advise you not to!

Finally, flex has secured new, low-incoming housing at

        http://flex.sourceforge.net/

Grab the source ball of tar from

      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/flex/flex-2.5.33.tar.gz?download

Please direct bugs and tirades to the SourceForge bug tracker, or to the flex
mailing list, where, I assure you, we will scan them in one pass, never
looking back.

Merry tokenizing!