Re: Tools for Front End.

"Asheesh" <asheeshc@noida.hcltech.com>
17 Feb 2006 00:08:02 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tools for Front End. asheeshc@noida.hcltech.com (Asheesh) (2006-02-14)
Re: Tools for Front End. tmk@netvision.net.il (Michael Tiomkin) (2006-02-14)
Re: Tools for Front End. asloane@ics.mq.edu.au (Tony Sloane) (2006-02-14)
Re: Tools for Front End. asheeshc@noida.hcltech.com (Asheesh) (2006-02-17)
Re: Tools for Front End. chads_in@yahoo.com (Asheesh) (2006-02-17)
Re: Tools for Front End. grosch@cocolab.de (Josef Grosch) (2006-02-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Asheesh" <asheeshc@noida.hcltech.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Feb 2006 00:08:02 -0500
Posted-Date: 17 Feb 2006 00:08:02 EST

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I am planning to write a Fortran compiler and for it I am just
evaluating various tools available in the market which can help me in
designing various modules lexical, semantic, parser, preprocessor etc.

As there are lots of tools in market and it will take lots of time to
evaluate all the tools so I need help of you guys who can atleast guide
me for known tools so that I can do investigation about certain tools
only.

Please let me know if my explanation is ok ? or u need some more
detailed one ?

regards
asheesh
[Fortran is hard to lex but easy to parse. I have front end for most of
Fortran 77 in on the compilers FTP site, with a hand-written C lexer and
a yacc parser. -John]