Twenty years of comp.compilers

John R Levine <compilers-request@iecc.com>
2 Jan 2006 22:49:09 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Twenty years of comp.compilers compilers-request@iecc.com (John R Levine) (2006-01-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: John R Levine <compilers-request@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Jan 2006 22:49:09 -0500
Posted-Date: 02 Jan 2006 22:49:09 EST

The first message was posted to comp.compilers (then called
mod.compilers) on Jan 3, 1986, so tomorrow marks the group's 20th
anniversary. I think it is the oldest active moderated group still
with the original moderator.

The technology has changed somewhat, from dialup UUCP and usenet only
in the not so good old days to an Internet T1 and any of usenet, mail,
or web and RSS, but the topics haven't changed much, ranging from
intro questions on using lex and yacc to discussions of state of the
art analysis and optimization.

Thanks to everyone who participates and reads, and I'm looking forward to
another year.

Regards,
John Levine, comp.compilers moderator,
johnl@iecc.com, http://compilers.iecc.com