Developing/inventing a grammar...

Oliver Bandel <oliver@first.in-berlin.de>
11 Jul 2005 10:49:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Developing/inventing a grammar... oliver@first.in-berlin.de (Oliver Bandel) (2005-07-11)
Re: Developing/inventing a grammar... cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2005-07-12)
Re: Developing/inventing a grammar... makc.the.great@gmail.com (makc.the.great) (2005-07-12)
Re: Developing/inventing a grammar... torbenm@app-0.diku.dk (2005-07-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Oliver Bandel <oliver@first.in-berlin.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Jul 2005 10:49:12 -0400
Posted-Date: 11 Jul 2005 10:49:11 EDT

Hello,

Any hints for effectively developing a grammar for a tool where I have
an idea about how the language could/should look like?

I use lex & yacc, have an idea about what the tool/language should do.

But how to clearly develop a grammar for this?

It's a different task to develop a grammar from scratch then using an
already existing grammar and implementing it with lex & yacc.

Any hints on how to go that way? Any tools? Tips & Tricks?

Where to start? Starting with the keywords and the precedences?

TIA,
      Oliver