Re: Loop profilers on various platforms

"Robert H" <robert.hundt@gmail.com>
13 May 2005 18:01:18 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Loop profilers on various platforms rohinijp@gmail.com (Rohini) (2005-05-05)
Re: Loop profilers on various platforms gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2005-05-05)
Re: Loop profilers on various platforms robert.hundt@gmail.com (Robert H) (2005-05-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Robert H" <robert.hundt@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 May 2005 18:01:18 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 May 2005 18:01:18 EDT

Rohini wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to know which all platforms have a loop profiling tool.
> Any pointers on this will hellp me a lot.

I echo the other comment/question - what exactly do you mean?

On HP-UX IA-64 you may want to look at Caliper, CxPerf (old), and
Prospect. These are interesting tools and, at least Caliper, has some
support for region profiliing, which you can use for loop profiling.

SGI Irix has SpeedShop - or however they call it today ;-)

x86 Window$, of course, has that Intel tool, as well as the
Rational/IBM tools, and probably a gadzillion more.

-- Robert