C++ intermediate representation.

"DeltaOne" <shakti.misra@wipro.com>
5 May 2005 00:16:36 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ intermediate representation. shakti.misra@wipro.com (DeltaOne) (2005-05-05)
Re: C++ intermediate representation. angray@beeb.net (Aaron Gray) (2005-05-13)
Re: C++ intermediate representation. cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2005-05-14)
Re: C++ intermediate representation. henry@spsystems.net (2005-05-14)
Re: C++ intermediate representation. angray@beeb.net (Aaron Gray) (2005-05-14)
Re: C++ intermediate representation. ralphpboland@yahoo.com (Ralph Boland) (2005-05-14)
Re: C++ intermediate representation. cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2005-05-14)

From: "DeltaOne" <shakti.misra@wipro.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 May 2005 00:16:36 -0400
Posted-Date: 05 May 2005 00:16:36 EDT

Hi,
I am willing to write a program that gives the intermediate
representation of a C++ program. This program is intended to clarify
the "under the hood" things of c++. It will give a few comments also
on what is what,like virtual functions,inline functions.

The input to the program will be a C++ source file and the output will
be unoptimised intermediate representation. I will be assuming in the
initial stage that the source file contains correct syntax. I think
this kind of program should be there for people to help learn
compilers more.

Can any one help me in this issue. Either by giving me some book
reference or telling me how to do it.

~Thanks and Regards
[Different compilers have different internal representations,
depending on both what the compiler does, e.g., what kinds of analysis
and optimization, and the taste of the people who wrote the compiler.
-John]