Parsing C++ Declarations

"HalfWayMan" <blake.rain@gmail.com>
18 Mar 2005 00:47:53 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Parsing C++ Declarations blake.rain@gmail.com (HalfWayMan) (2005-03-18)
Re: Parsing C++ Declarations Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca (Brian Inglis) (2005-03-20)
Re: Parsing C++ Declarations drdiettrich@compuserve.de (DrDiettrich) (2005-03-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "HalfWayMan" <blake.rain@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Mar 2005 00:47:53 -0500
Posted-Date: 18 Mar 2005 00:47:53 EST

I have been writing compilers for some time now, but one thing that
always seems to bug me is parsing of C and C++ declarations. Perhaps
it's not the parsing that I have the problem with, more the
representation of the declaration afterwards. In a current project I
am representing declarations as a list of either specifiers or
declarators. However, this leads to problems and holes in type
comparisons and conversion. I was wondering if any of you knew of an
elegent way of representing this information.

Perhaps I'm doing it all wrong. It would be a shame.

Yours,
Blake.