Re: Ladder diagram to C converter?

George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net>
5 Mar 2005 21:32:37 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Ladder diagram to C converter? springob@imail.de (Lothar Springob) (2005-03-04)
Re: Ladder diagram to C converter? gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2005-03-05)
Ladder diagram to C converter? dcb@po.CWRU.Edu (1994-01-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Mar 2005 21:32:37 -0500
Posted-Date: 05 Mar 2005 21:32:36 EST

On 4 Mar 2005 14:24:41 -0500, Lothar Springob <springob@imail.de>
wrote:

>I am also searching for a Ladder Diagram Compiler. The code output
>should be something like a meta code. Does anybody know tools for this
>purpose?
>Thanx in advance
>
> Lothar

Ladder programming as I have seen it used for PLCs was generally
limited to port I/O and combination logic - usually with a few
pre-coded niceties like timers and counters thrown in. The tools I
have seen were all platform specific and went directly to object code.

I would think it would be easy enough to make your own visual
programming tool, but the requirement for meta code baffles me. Do
you intend a further compilation step on the target? IME, ladder
programming is typically used for 8-bit MPUs - a platform might host a
very simple assembler and fix-up linker on-line, but something like a
JIT compiler is normally far out of the question.

Of course, if "ladder diagram" means something completely different to
you, then please disregard my ramblings.

George