SPEC CPU 2004 and feedback directed optimization

Jeremy Singer <Jeremy.Singer@cl.cam.ac.uk>
16 Dec 2004 00:40:31 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
SPEC CPU 2004 and feedback directed optimization Jeremy.Singer@cl.cam.ac.uk (Jeremy Singer) (2004-12-16)
Re: SPEC CPU 2004 and feedback directed optimization jvorbrueggen-not@mediasec.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jan_Vorbr=FCggen?=) (2004-12-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Jeremy Singer <Jeremy.Singer@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 Dec 2004 00:40:31 -0500
Cc: Jeremy.Singer@cl.cam.ac.uk
Posted-Date: 16 Dec 2004 00:40:31 EST

I remember Vivek Sarkar (IBM Research) saying at PACT 2003 that
SPEC CPU 2004 will not allow compiler feedback directed optimizations
(FDO) to be enabled for the baseline performance measurements. Does
anyone have an authoritative source to confirm this rumour? I would
like to mention this information in my PhD dissertation. I tried
contacting SPEC directly, but there has been no response so far.

I believe that FDO is permitted at present by the SPEC CPU 2000
reporting rules.

Thanks very much for your help,
Jeremy Singer
--