Re: Recovering from missing tokens

Lujop <lujoplujop@gmail.com>
20 Nov 2004 21:26:11 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Recovering from missing tokens lujoplujop@gmail.com (Lujop) (2004-11-17)
Re: Recovering from missing tokens vbdis@aol.com (2004-11-19)
Re: Recovering from missing tokens lujoplujop@gmail.com (Lujop) (2004-11-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Lujop <lujoplujop@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Nov 2004 21:26:11 -0500
Posted-Date: 20 Nov 2004 21:26:11 EST

On 19 Nov 2004 00:53:49 -0500, VBDis <vbdis@aol.com> wrote:
> Your language is more Pascal than Java.

Yes I make a mistake. In fact the language is a lot more similar to
Java but you are right, syntactically, that's we are speaking now,
it's more like Pascal.

> In Pascal also all declarations are terminated with a semicolon,
> which can be used as a recovery point after an syntactical error.
> Code has to be enclosed in "begin"/"end" pairs, also useful as
> recovery points.

A lot of thanks for your reply, I see that I should need more
keywords. The problem is that I haven't the begin key, and I can't
modify the grammar (in theory). But I will try to talk to see if it's
possible to introduce some new keyword like begin.

But, someone has another suggestion for a grammar without begin for
the code block?

Cheers,
--
Lujop