RE: Using Bison and Delphi

Quinn Tyler Jackson <quinn-j@shaw.ca>
19 Nov 2004 00:51:57 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Using Bison and Delphi mikehahn@rogers.com (Mike Hahn) (2004-11-17)
RE: Using Bison and Delphi quinn-j@shaw.ca (Quinn Tyler Jackson) (2004-11-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Quinn Tyler Jackson <quinn-j@shaw.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Nov 2004 00:51:57 -0500
Posted-Date: 19 Nov 2004 00:51:57 EST

Mike Hahn
> I have designed a new programming language and now I wish to implement
> it using Delphi.

> I would like to know if it's a good idea to use Bison to generate the
> parser, and then translate Bison's output, either using some tool or
> by hand, into Object Pascal.

The Grammar Forge (available for free) comes with a Delphi .pas
component called TMetaSDyn that interfaces with a DLL -- so you can
use it directly in Delphi code. The download on the following link
comes with a Delphi example that uses the TMetaSDyn component in the
Examples folder.

The example even calls back Delphi code on reduction events.

Here is an example of how the component can be used in Delphi:

http://members.shaw.ca/grammarforge/about/delphi_example.html
--
Quinn Tyler Jackson
http://members.shaw.ca/grammarforge/