Any way for Finding out LOC(lines of code) from a Binary file

d_skumar@excite.com (skumar)
2 Oct 2004 01:22:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Any way for Finding out LOC(lines of code) from a Binary file d_skumar@excite.com (2004-10-02)
Re: Any way for Finding out LOC(lines of code) from a Binary file basile-news@starynkevitch.net (Basile Starynkevitch \[news\]) (2004-10-02)
Re: Any way for Finding out LOC(lines of code) from a Binary file Juergen.KahrsDELETETHIS@vr-web.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=) (2004-10-02)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: d_skumar@excite.com (skumar)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 2 Oct 2004 01:22:04 -0400
Posted-Date: 02 Oct 2004 01:21:48 EDT

Hi ,
    I've one Binary file(of one big application) for which I dont have
source files. I've only the binary file. I'd like to know is there any
means by which we can find out the no.of Lines(KLOC) of that
appliction from the binary file.

I am not sure if anything like this exists. However, any pointers
towards this would be very much useful to me.I just wantto know the
KLOCs application has used to create the binary file.

Kindly let me know if anyone has got any pointers for this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Skumar
[You can estimate from the size of the code sections in the file, but
unless it happens to have debug symbols with line numbers, your
estimate will be rather rough. -John]