Looking for advice on code generation project

dinothedevil@rediffmail.com (dinothedevil)
13 Aug 2004 17:33:46 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for advice on code generation project dinothedevil@rediffmail.com (2004-08-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: dinothedevil@rediffmail.com (dinothedevil)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Aug 2004 17:33:46 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Aug 2004 17:33:46 EDT

I am in my Seventh sem. of B.S. degree in comp. science degree
programme. I am looking for a system programming project on Linux
platform (C language prefered). I was looking around when I landed up
at this site link:

http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/pubs.html#Dynamic+Code+Generation

I took a course in Compiler design and have done C programming
thoroughly. I have 10 months duration to complete the project. I
want to know whether :

1.) I would be able to make the "dynamic code generation" compiler on
my own.
2.) What would be required to learn to make this project
3.) I have x86 architecture as the platform and red hat linux 8.0 as
OS.

Plz in your reply, if you can, tell me something about the
architecture dependency things,if any,because I don't know much
niether about this project,(just the overview of what it does ) nor
about the architecture dependency, but I am willing to,just give me
the right direction.

If you have any other project that I could make, which requires system
programming, then also let me know,

thankz
dino