Release of SPARK C-to-VHDL Parallelizing High Level Synthesis tool

gupt@hotmail.com (S Gupta)
22 Jan 2004 23:12:04 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Release of SPARK C-to-VHDL Parallelizing High Level Synthesis tool gupt@hotmail.com (2004-01-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: gupt@hotmail.com (S Gupta)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:12:04 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:12:04 EST

We are pleased to announce the release of the SPARK parallelizing
high-level synthesis software tool developed at the Center for
Embedded Computer Systems. SPARK takes the behavior of an application
specified in C as input (with some restrictions) and produces
register-transfer level (RTL) VHDL. SPARK employs several
parallelizing compiler, compiler, and high-level synthesis
transformations to generate a scheduled, resource bound data path
along with a FSM controller. We have benchmarked SPARK on a range of
multimedia and image processing designs and also a case study with an
Intel design.

The download page is at:
http://www.cecs.uci.edu/~spark/download.shtml

This page has SPARK binaries for Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms,
a User Manual, and a Tutorial with a MPEG-1 player as an example.

See publications on the SPARK webpage for more details on our work:
http://www.cecs.uci.edu/~spark/publications.shtml

Sincerely

Sumit Gupta, Rajesh Gupta, Nikil Dutt, Alexandru Nicolau

http://www.cecs.uci.edu/~spark
Center for Embedded Computer Systems
University of California, San Diego and Irvine

Sumit Gupta
Post-Doctoral Researcher
Center for Embedded Computer Systems
Univ. of California, San Diego & Irvine