dlex & dyacc

gandalf_lotr22@hotmail.com (Robert F.)
18 Jan 2004 20:50:29 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
dlex & dyacc gandalf_lotr22@hotmail.com (2004-01-18)
Re: dlex & dyacc isaac@latveria.castledoom.org (Isaac) (2004-01-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: gandalf_lotr22@hotmail.com (Robert F.)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Jan 2004 20:50:29 -0500
Posted-Date: 18 Jan 2004 20:50:29 EST

Hello!

I have problems using the delphi version of lex
(http://www.grendelproject.nl/dyacclex/).

the problem is: it seems there is no yylex() function
like in the C version of lex. instead there is the
following declaration in the file created by dlex:

function TLexer.parse() : integer;

but this function is simply not implemented and there
exists no TLexer class... so I wonder how to compile
the dlex created file in delphi.

I have also another problem with dlex - in the C version
it is possible to define start states, i.e. %start COMMENT
this works also in dlex, but when I try to write rules for
a specific state with <COMMENT>rule I alays get the error:
202: undefined symbol.

is there anyone here who successfully used dlex?
I'm looking for sample code since a week now and could
not find anything :(

Thank you for your help.