pattern matching

"alderaan" <aldeeran@tin.it>
21 Nov 2003 00:34:09 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
pattern matching aldeeran@tin.it (alderaan) (2003-11-21)
Re: pattern matching basile-news@starynkevitch.net (Basile STARYNKEVITCH) (2003-12-03)
Pattern Matching tommy.nordgren@chello.se (2005-03-04)
Re: Pattern Matching hannah@schlund.de (2005-05-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "alderaan" <aldeeran@tin.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Nov 2003 00:34:09 -0500
Posted-Date: 21 Nov 2003 00:34:09 EST

HI, i'm new of this newsgroup. I have a problem.
For my thesis i need a source Ansi C pattern recognizer. My problem is
chose some C front end (free or GNU license) to generate a parse tree (or
another Intermediate rappresentation) and apply it some matching algorithm
that recognizes a C template and substitutes it with some procedure call
that is later generated.
Someone has suggested me to use gcc front end, others to use lcc, sdcc or
other because learning gcc front end is very hard.
I would like a simple front end with a clear documentation ao focus one's
attention to pattern matching algorithm .

What do you suggest me ?
Thank.
Giovanni