number LR(1) vs LALR(1) Itemsets for a grammar

alpanadubey1@yahoo.co.in (Alpana)
11 Nov 2003 14:32:24 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
number LR(1) vs LALR(1) Itemsets for a grammar alpanadubey1@yahoo.co.in (2003-11-11)
Re: number LR(1) vs LALR(1) Itemsets for a grammar mike.spencer@earthlink.net (Mike Spencer) (2003-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: alpanadubey1@yahoo.co.in (Alpana)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Nov 2003 14:32:24 -0500
Posted-Date: 11 Nov 2003 14:32:24 EST

I want to know how the number of itemsets depend upon the grammar.
Roughly it depends upon the number of production rules and the form of
the production rules (how much recursion is there ets). If anybody can
give me some more info it will be helpful.

I need this for testing my program. I have implemented a LR(1) parse
table generator. Which, when executed for a C grammar gave me around
2350 LR(1) itemsets. There is no way to check this number except doing
manually which is again not feasible. Does anybody has LR(1) parser
generator?? If yes can I get some rough ideas about the numbers. I
will provide the grammar i worked on, if needed.

PS: The grammar used is a grammar for standard C language. And also if
anybody has some grammar and the corresponding itemsets. Please send
it to me for testing.

Thanks
Alpana