TOM 1.4 release announcement

Pierre-Etienne Moreau <Pierre-Etienne.Moreau@loria.fr>
30 Sep 2003 23:58:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
TOM 1.4 release announcement Pierre-Etienne.Moreau@loria.fr (Pierre-Etienne Moreau) (2003-09-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Pierre-Etienne Moreau <Pierre-Etienne.Moreau@loria.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Sep 2003 23:58:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 Sep 2003 23:58:25 EDT

TOM 1.4 release announcement
----------------------------

It is my great privilege and pleasure to announce the availability of
jtom-1.4.

This release continues our work on the integration of pattern matching
and rule based programming facilities into C and Java.

TOM is a pattern matching compiler which is particularly well-suited
for programming various transformations on trees/terms.
Its design follows our experiences on the efficient compilation of
rule-based systems. The tool can be seen as a Yacc-like compiler
translating patterns into executable pattern matching automata.
Similarly to Yacc, when a match is found, the corresponding semantic
action (a sequence of instructions written in C or Java) is triggered
and executed.

This new release contains many improved and new features:

            - an Eclipse plugin
            - an interactive debugger
            - a generalized backquote construct (for building terms)
            - an extension for XML transformations

TOM is available, in open source, from the TOM web page:

          http://tom.loria.fr

          best regards,
          Pierre-Etienne Moreau