Harmonia Research Group (Prof. Susan L. Graham, UC Berkeley) Announcement

Andrew Begel <abegel@cs.berkeley.edu>
4 Sep 2003 22:37:55 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Harmonia Research Group (Prof. Susan L. Graham, UC Berkeley) Announc abegel@cs.berkeley.edu (Andrew Begel) (2003-09-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Andrew Begel <abegel@cs.berkeley.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 Sep 2003 22:37:55 -0400
Posted-Date: 04 Sep 2003 22:37:55 EDT

Professor Susan L. Graham and the members of the Harmonia Research
Group at the University of California, Berkeley, announce the first
release of Harmonia-Mode, an XEmacs plug-in that provides
language-based services to the programmer while editing code. These
services include semantic search-and-replace, structural navigation,
structural undo, program transformations, hypertext annotations,
syntax highlighting and auto-indentation. Harmonia's analyses are
based on incremental lexing (flex-based) and incremental parsing
(GLR-based) technologies developed by Graham and her graduate
students. This first release of Harmonia supports Java, C, Scheme and
Cool (a language used in UC Berkeley's CS164 compiler course).

We have been working on the Harmonia project for several years now; this
release represents the first publicly available demonstration of our
project. In the future, as our implementation matures, we plan to make
the source code publicly available to enable members of the community to
build language-aware programming tools with the Harmonia framework.

If you are interested in trying it out, please go to
http://harmonia.cs.berkeley.edu/harmonia/projects/harmonia-mode/doc/index.html
to see what it's all about.

Please report any feedback you have to the Harmonia group at
harmonia-bugs@sequoia.cs.berkeley.edu .

Thanks!

-- The Harmonia Research Group