Looking for a C++ Flex example - to generate yyFlexLexer

chahe.adourian@space.gc.ca (Chahe)
13 Jul 2003 23:58:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for a C++ Flex example - to generate yyFlexLexer chahe.adourian@space.gc.ca (2003-07-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: chahe.adourian@space.gc.ca (Chahe)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Jul 2003 23:58:38 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Jul 2003 23:58:38 EDT

Hi All,

I'm looking for a decent Flex++ that works on Windows with MVC++. I
haven't had much luck. Although, I've used flex_pp with success to
generate a C++ class, but I prefer to use the yyFlexLexer class
instead for a few reasons.

I've tried to compile a scanner using Flex 2.5.2 with the C++ (-+)
option, but I end up getting many errors when trying to compile the
Cpp file it generates. There is no skeleton file I can modify (it has
a built-in skeleton) and it seems that the built-in skeleton is
targeted for UNIX.

Does anyone have an example of a MS VC++ project that uses Flex and
generates the yyFlexLexer and FlexLexer classes correctly? I just need
the compile commands.

many thanks,

Chahé