Re: list of research compilers/compiler infrastructures?

vbdis@aol.com (VBDis)
13 Jul 2003 23:50:19 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
list of research compilers/compiler infrastructures? usenet@woggo.org (2003-07-02)
Re: list of research compilers/compiler infrastructures? vbdis@aol.com (2003-07-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: vbdis@aol.com (VBDis)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Jul 2003 23:50:19 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Jul 2003 23:50:19 EDT

  usenet@woggo.org (Will Benton) schreibt:

>I think that, since many tools are modular and can output various
>intermediate representations

Since every tool uses its own unique internal intermediate representation, I
seriously doubt that multiple tools will not only allow for various external
representations (syntax), but also will agree about the meaning of that
information (semantics).

But I'm willing to adjust my mind... ;-)

>please tell me about your favorite research compilers

Currently I'm looking into DotGNU, with treecc and the CLI (ECMA-335).

DoDi