Please recommend parser generator for PC

ktg@taejo.pufs.ac.kr (Taegyun Kim)
24 May 2003 17:02:18 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Please recommend parser generator for PC ktg@taejo.pufs.ac.kr (2003-05-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: ktg@taejo.pufs.ac.kr (Taegyun Kim)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 May 2003 17:02:18 -0400
Posted-Date: 24 May 2003 17:02:18 EDT

Hello,

As a FREE UML CASE tool developer [http://munjong.pufs.ac.kr/ktg/ood.htm],
I need a parser generator like Yacc for PC platform.
I made two versions of OO CASE tool named OODesigner.
The one [this project is dead] is made to support OMT, and I made a
reverse engineering facility for C++/Java using Lex and Yacc and other
facilities several years ago. Because this tool was built in Unix
platform, I could use Lex and Yacc.
The other one [this project is alive] is made to support UML, and the
platform of the second version is Windows and VC++. As diagramming facilities
have beed completed at the moment, I want to develop C++/Java reverse
engineering facility for this version. But I don't know what parser generator
tool to use for PC platform. Would you give me any recommendations ?

I found a paser generator named Visual Paser++ from Sand Stone company
sometimes ago. But when I tried to contact them, I failed to get their
reply/answer. Is there anybody who used this tool recently ?

Thank you in advance,
Taegyun Kim
[yacc, bison, and flex all run perfectly well on PCs. They're just C
programs, after all. -John]