Re: Coco/r and moving towards interpretation

cgweav@aol.com (Clayton Weaver)
18 May 2003 01:29:47 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Coco/r and moving towards interpretation nick.robinson@f.co.uk (Nick) (2003-05-15)
Re: Coco/r and moving towards interpretation cgweav@aol.com (2003-05-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: cgweav@aol.com (Clayton Weaver)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 May 2003 01:29:47 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 May 2003 01:29:47 EDT

>I have written my grammer and got Coco/r to build successfully. The
>problem I have now is that I am not quite sure were to go now. I want
>to write an interpreter that runs the program, but I am relatively new
>to this domain. Can somebody point me to some resources or offer some
>tips?

These posts (from the comp.compilers archives) may prove useful in
understanding what all is typically involved in getting from parser to
interpreter or compiler:

<http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/02-04-040>

<http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/02-08-004>

Someone asked about code generator generators a few years ago (backend
generators, or "retargetable code generators"). Opinions were mixed:

<http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/98-10-106>

(Consider reading the whole thread on this one.)

Regards,

Clayton Weaver
<mailto: cgweav@aol.com>