Re: Books: Modern Compiler (Design | Implementation)

Francois Gagnon <fgagnon@inouii.com>
7 Apr 2003 00:21:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Books: Modern Compiler (Design | Implementation) andrew@acooke.org (2003-04-05)
Re: Books: Modern Compiler (Design | Implementation) fgagnon@inouii.com (Francois Gagnon) (2003-04-07)
Re: Books: Modern Compiler (Design | Implementation) dot@dotat.at (Tony Finch) (2003-04-07)
Re: Books: Modern Compiler (Design | Implementation) nde@comp.leeds.ac.uk (N D Efford) (2003-04-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Francois Gagnon <fgagnon@inouii.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Apr 2003 00:21:20 -0400
Posted-Date: 07 Apr 2003 00:21:20 EDT

If you are interested in "deep" details, I would recommand Grune over
Appel's. I have Appel's java book, and I often found myself having to
do extra research on the topics he was presenting simply because they
were not presented sufficiently in depth. Grune on the other hand is
much better at it. Overall, I have found Grune's book to be better
written and much easier to read...

fg