problems with "reordered code" using GNU, PPC, vxWorks

schulze_wolfgang@t-online.de (Wolfgang Schulze)
24 Mar 2003 21:54:31 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
problems with "reordered code" using GNU, PPC, vxWorks schulze_wolfgang@t-online.de (2003-03-24)
Re: problems with "reordered code" using GNU, PPC, vxWorks mcintosh@mc-pc.research.telcordia.com (2003-03-30)
Re: problems with "reordered code" using GNU, PPC, vxWorks anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (2003-03-30)
Re: problems with "reordered code" using GNU, PPC, vxWorks mrmnews@the-meissners.org (Michael Meissner) (2003-03-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: schulze_wolfgang@t-online.de (Wolfgang Schulze)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Mar 2003 21:54:31 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Mar 2003 21:54:31 EST

Hi!

I´m using a PPC under vxworks, Ansi C, GNU. After compilation my code
is reordered for optimisation. I want to have my code optimized by the
compiler, but in some source code I need to have the exact instruction
order as I write in my source code.
After I have disassembled the compiled code, I register that nearly
all c-code lines are mixed (reordered). For the MIPS there is a switch
"noreorder". Is there a similar switch for the PPC architecture?
What have I to do to avoid unwished code reordering during otimisation
process???

If anyone can help me, please do!

Best regards,
Wolfgang
[Isn't that what volatile declarations are supposed to do? -John]