Re: Reusing GCJ compiler

james.power@may.ie (James Power)
24 Mar 2003 21:49:27 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Reusing GCJ compiler chere-loque@wanadoo.fr (Vincent Richard) (2003-02-21)
Re: Reusing GCJ compiler scott.finnie@logiquence.com (Scott Finnie) (2003-03-09)
Re: Reusing GCJ compiler james.power@may.ie (2003-03-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: james.power@may.ie (James Power)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Mar 2003 21:49:27 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Mar 2003 21:49:27 EST

Hi,
      I've made a fairly simple change to GNU bison that causes it to
output its parse tree in XML format (rather than the usual list of
grammar rules). If gcc is then rebuilt using the new bison you get a
program that will annotate C, C++ and Java programs with XML tags
describing the syntactic categories of the code. There's still a
little hacking with gcc required, but most of the ugliness is
bypassed.

Details are at:
      http://www.cs.may.ie/~jpower/Research/bisonXML/

James Power.