Checking class dependencies.

Tommy Nordgren <nordgren.tommy@telia.com>
9 Mar 2003 17:35:07 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Checking class dependencies. nordgren.tommy@telia.com (Tommy Nordgren) (2003-03-09)
Re: Checking class dependencies. vbdis@aol.com (2003-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Tommy Nordgren <nordgren.tommy@telia.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Mar 2003 17:35:07 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Mar 2003 17:35:07 EST

I need to do these operations with the class/object definitions in a
language
I'm developing.
1. Check that the class inheritance graf contains no cycles.
2. Check that the class inheritance graph contains no missing classes.
3. Check - preferably in constant time - wether a class a is derived from a
class b.
4. Check wether a method is more specialized than another method with the
same name.
5. Check wether a method is less specialized than another method with the
same name.
6. Sort the set of methods with the same name:

If neither condition 4 nor condition 5 is true, then the order should
be maintained, otherwise, the most specialized method should be sorted
first.

7. My language will compile to C++ and a binary initialisation file. How can
I convert the
storage format IEEE double (Macintosh byte order) to Windows and Linux
doubles.

Any helful hint on implementing these operations wanted.

I'm also interested in other ideas for implementing a type system
--
Tommy Nordgren <nordgren.tommy@telia.com>
Torstenssonsgatan 7A,2Tr,114 56 Stockholm