Re: Is lex/yacc the right tool for this problem

sonyantony@hotmail.com (Sony Antony)
29 Jan 2003 23:44:34 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Is lex/yacc the right tool for this problem sonyantony@hotmail.com (2003-01-26)
Re: Is lex/yacc the right tool for this problem arnold@skeeve.com (2003-01-27)
Re: Is lex/yacc the right tool for this problem tenger@idirect.com (Terrence Enger) (2003-01-27)
Re: Is lex/yacc the right tool for this problem sonyantony@hotmail.com (2003-01-29)
Re: Is lex/yacc the right tool for this problem codeworker@free.fr (2003-01-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: sonyantony@hotmail.com (Sony Antony)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 29 Jan 2003 23:44:34 -0500
Posted-Date: 29 Jan 2003 23:44:34 EST

> Any version of RPG (that's Report Program Generator, nothing to do
> with games) makes this a snap.
>
> (Come on, fess up, Sony. This is just a troll to see how many
> grizzled old commercial programmers are lurking, isn't it?)
>
> [Ah, but these days RPG is spelled "awk". See subsequent messages. -John]

Thanks a lot. I also found GRG ( GNU Report Generator ) to be much
more friendly in acheiving the goal. ( After you mentioned RPG which
is a licenced program, I searched for report generators ) Now I am
actually confused whether I should have started this path. I am about
to finish off the path I took - hard coding the program logic in a
Java program.
--sony