Re: Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw)

"Huub Pistoor" <hslpistoor@libero.it>
22 Dec 2002 10:41:55 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw) fish@whoppermail.com (Fis}{) (2002-12-19)
Re: Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw) slshmeat@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG (Louis P. Santillan) (2002-12-22)
Re: Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw) hslpistoor@libero.it (Huub Pistoor) (2002-12-22)
Re: Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw) marcov@toad.stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) (2002-12-22)
Re: Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw) holychapin@hotmail.com (2002-12-24)
Re: Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw) fish@whoppermail.com (Fis}{) (2003-01-07)
Re: Tutorial question (Jack Crenshaw) brianbecker@hotpop.com (2003-01-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Huub Pistoor" <hslpistoor@libero.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Dec 2002 10:41:55 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Dec 2002 10:41:55 EST

Hello everybody,

Theo wrote (amongst others):

> Is anybody interrested in the finishing of the famous 'Jack Crenshaw'
> tutorials ? These go to tutor nr 16 and never finishes the complete
> implementation.

I can answer that: YES, very much !!!

Honestly, it was a bit of a disappointment to discover that the
tutorial had been left unfinished. It's thanks to the Jack Crenshaw
tutorial that I became really enthusiastic about compiler construction
making it look so much simpler than i'd expected.

I too, followed the tutorial, having switched from Pascal to C from
the very start. And after a while, let's say about half way the
tutorial, I started experimenting a bit myself slowly abandoning the
Pascal-like syntax of TINY and KISS moving towards a more C-like
syntax.

So, I'm definitely interrested and hope not to be the only positive
reaction.

                        Bye, Huub