Link to compiler?

"Lorenzo Villari" <vlllnz@tiscali.it>
7 Dec 2002 20:04:38 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Link to compiler? vlllnz@tiscali.it (Lorenzo Villari) (2002-12-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Lorenzo Villari" <vlllnz@tiscali.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 7 Dec 2002 20:04:38 -0500
Posted-Date: 07 Dec 2002 20:04:38 EST

I'm doing experiments with an interpreter in C with Bison and Flex .
It parses external files ok (opening them), but the problem is
that I would like, the C compiler would call the parser
when it encounters the "alien" words, allowing me to use them
inside a normal C source, instead of complaining that they aren't correct!
How this could done?
[Write a preprocessor that reads files with your language and C intermixed,
translate your stuff into the equivalent C, usually a bunch of procedure
calls, and give the resulting C code to the C compiler. -John]