C++ object interfaces to C

"Gabor DEAK JAHN" <djg@tramontana.co.hu>
24 Nov 2002 18:34:41 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C++ object interfaces to C djg@tramontana.co.hu (Gabor DEAK JAHN) (2002-11-24)
Re: C++ object interfaces to C bad.address.to.avoid.spam@bellatlantic.net (Roberto Waltman) (2002-11-26)
Re: C++ object interfaces to C syring@email.com (Karl M. Syring) (2002-11-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Gabor DEAK JAHN" <djg@tramontana.co.hu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Nov 2002 18:34:41 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Nov 2002 18:34:41 EST

Hello,

Do you know of any conversion tool that could translate C++ object
interfaces into C (OLE or similar)? I don't need the conversion of the
actual method source codes, just something to help turn a class
definition of a few private fields and public methods into the
old-fashioned, macro-intensive C-style vtbl and method declarations
(like those in the Windows header files). I don't expect complete
work, just to delegate the bulk of the work to some automatic
means. It wouldn't be terribly complicated to write it (although
certainly not plain text manipulation as various header files and
macros have to be processed) but I'd rather concentrate on my actual
work instead...

Regards,

   Gabor DEAK JAHN

Gabor DEAK JAHN -- Budapest, Hungary.