How to find gcc spill code in asm .s files

"larry xu" <lxu@rice.edu>
6 Nov 2002 12:00:14 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
How to find gcc spill code in asm .s files lxu@rice.edu (larry xu) (2002-11-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "larry xu" <lxu@rice.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,gnu.gcc.help
Date: 6 Nov 2002 12:00:14 -0500
Posted-Date: 06 Nov 2002 12:00:13 EST

Hi,

I am doing a project to study gcc spill code on spec2000.
I want to decide the total number of memory loads and stores
due to spill. My question is: given the assembly code generated
by gcc, is there a way to identify instructions for doing
register spilling (in register allocation). I don't know much
about the internals of gcc, in particular, the register allocation.
So it would be nice to find those spill code by checking the
asm .s file only. I am using the MIPS platform, but any suggestions
are appreciated.

Thanks a lot for help.

Larry Xu