small changes to dfa/control trees

"Matt" <matt@NOSPAMbeastrider.com>
13 Oct 2002 16:27:38 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
small changes to dfa/control trees matt@NOSPAMbeastrider.com (Matt) (2002-10-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Matt" <matt@NOSPAMbeastrider.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Oct 2002 16:27:38 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Oct 2002 16:27:37 EDT

Hi,

I wrote a data flow analysis library using control trees and interval
analysis and I'd like to add the ability to make small changes to the
basic blocks within the leaf nodes of the tree. Than I want to
recompute the data flow values without recomputing everything. Can I
do the following: Recompute the transfer functions of each basic block
that has changed, then go up the control tree recomputing the transfer
function of each node that's a parent of a node that has a changed
transfer function. If, after recomputing a transfer function, it's the
same as before, there's no need to go any higher. I assume this should
work because transfer function info travels up the control tree. The