Compiler positions available for week ending June 23

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
28 Jun 2002 18:36:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending June 23 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2002-06-28)
Compiler positions available for week ending June 23 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1996-06-23)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,misc.jobs.offered
Date: 28 Jun 2002 18:36:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 Jun 2002 18:36:59 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Steven Boucher <BoucherS@Harringtonhr.com>
Subject: Compiler Position Available in Ottawa
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:31:09 -0400

Compiler Designer / Writer Required

My name is Steven Boucher and I am a professional recruiter with Harrington
Informatics Resources in Ottawa. Our client is seeking expert Compiler
Writers, with knowledge of any combination of the following:

* Optimization
* Program Transformation
* Combinatorics Obfuscation Techniques
* Program slicing Techniques
* Numerical Analysis
* Semetric Representations for Control- and Data-Flow
* Control- and Data-Flow Dependencies

This expert would be expected to contribute to the design and
implementation of our client's software encoding tools, and work on
standard infrastructure to non-standard constraint
propagation. Knowledge of Java, C++, Eiffel, Modula-3, or some similar
object-oriented language, is essential.

Canadian and non-Canadian residents are welcom to apply. If you are
interested in applying for this position, please do not hesitate to
forward a resume to me in word format to the following address (email
preferred):

Harrington Informatics Resources
Steven Boucher
164 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1P2
bouchers@harringtonhr.com

-------------------------------

Date: 20 Jun 2002 15:12:07 -0400
From: "Chris Silva" <csilva@mathworks.com>
Subject: Position Available at MathWorks (suburban Boston)

Stateflow Core Developer- Compiler Engineer (1801-CS)

We need a super-star to join a small high-energy product team on
Simulation Engine, Automatic Code Generation, Productization for
Stateflow and Stateflow Coder.

This is a highly visible position requiring strong demonstrable skills in
graph theoretical algorithms and/or compiler technologies, C/C++
programming, dealing with massive code-bases, and an analytical bent of
mind. You will be required to participate with strong enthusiasm in all
stages of software design, coding, testing and shipping of Stateflow.

Qualifications:

A MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a closely
related engineering field

Must have what it takes to ship a product (read up on Ernest
Shackleton's Endurance)

Strong demonstrable skills in graph algorithms and/or compiler
technology

At least 2 years of hard core C or C++ development experience

Experience with other languages such as MATLAB, Perl is a strong plus

Experience in designing or maintaining software products having a
large code-base is a big plus.

Must have a strong bias to action and a deep desire make everything
you touch a little better.

Must have a healthy mix of well-deserved arrogance and unnatural
humility

Did we mention sense of humor?

Chris Silva
The MathWorks